Monday 6 February 2012

Embers and Endorsements

I love cooking on the hibachi.  The coals hold a nice, even heat and the smoke adds a distinct flavour to anything you cook.  I have not been cooking on coals for that long.  I do enjoy the barbeque still but I truly prefer to cook the choicest pieces of food over the smoldering embers of the hibachi.  I did not always grill that way.  It was not until my brother was singing the praises of the wonderful flavours he experienced from the food slow cooked over the coals that I began to take notice.  You see, a lot of the things we enjoy most are recommendations from others: a book, a movie, a hiking trail, a tool, a resource or a household product or item.  I am sure that you can recall at least one thing that someone told you, “You’ve got to try this! It is amazing!”  We can also remember trying something that was recommended and we were able to agree, that it was a great experience, that it was amazing.  Dundas Calvin Christian School is something that I think is worth recommending to others.  Suggestions and recommendations from friends and acquaintances carry significant weight, especially from numerous sources.  Please consider spreading the word about our school so we can have a healthy enrollment that will enable us to fulfill our mission of providing a quality, Christ-centered education that develops the gifts of God’s children and prepares them for a life of service to the King of Kings.  ~Mr. Bouwers

No comments:

Post a Comment