Monday 14 May 2012

Thank You Mom! May 14, 2012

Thanks Mom!

Setting aside one day to accomplish something that we should do on a continual basis may seem insufficient or even trite.  But the fact is we need these days as reminders to be intentional about some of the more important things in life.  If you haven’t picked up on it yet I am talking about Mother’s Day.  It is a day that is set aside to honour mothers.  Some may be a little calloused to the commercialization of our appreciation but that should not mitigate our heartfelt appreciation for our mothers and the roles they have played in our lives.  I am aware that there are situations of brokenness that can affect this relationship and we do long for a day when that brokenness will be no more.  That being said,  I am so thankful for my mother.  She is a woman of faith and knowledge. Throughout my life she has been a steady, loving presence.  She and my dad anchored our family through “thick and thin.”  I love my mom.  I am thankful for a day that makes us take the time to acknowledge their contribution even if I did not get the opportunity to see her yesterday it does not lessen my deep appreciation.   Without my mother’s support I would not be sitting here today. And as I sit here today I also think of the multitude of mothers that are a part of this school and supporting community.  We would not be able to function as a school without their support, wisdom, and commitment.  Thank you to all of our mothers.  I pray that you felt honoured yesterday and that you will remain a steady, loving presence in the life of your child(ren).   I am thankful for the mother of my children and the role she plays in their lives and the influence I pray she will be in the years to come.  May God grant you, mothers, all that you need to deal with raising children in a complicated world.  May he grant you strength, courage, wisdom, love, understanding, faith, hope, perseverance, and compassion (just to name a few).

No comments:

Post a Comment