Monday 8 April 2013

Longing and Anticipation April 8, 2013

We are all waiting for spring to announce it is here to stay. The cold months of winter stretch on and the chill in the air just does not seem to go away. Winter continues to come back well after most of us would like to have seen it gone. We long for sunshine, showers and the budding of flowers. We want to see that cycle of new life renewed. I have talked to numerous parents and students that express that they are just completely done with winter. I will admit that I am one of them. As I looked out the window to see the sunshine and the promise of rain to renew the dormant campus I could not help but recall what I wrote last week about patience. I want spring on my terms and my time when, clearly, that is not the plan. I long for and anticipate the arrival of “full time spring” and need to exercise patience in God’s timing. Even though I desire to see new life and the renewal that comes at spring time, and those are good things, I still need exercise patience. It is this time of year that also reminds me of how I long for and anticipate the healing of our broken world. As God’s people we long for the coming of God’s Kingdom. And I hear the echo again and again to have patience in God’s timing. We do not and cannot see into the future but we can put our trust in the one who can. He not only can see the future plans but they are also in His control. We continue to pray for spring and the coming of His kingdom as we live in His providence.     

No comments:

Post a Comment