Monday 3 March 2014

March 3rd, 2014 Longing and Waiting


Spring. It is a wonderful season that comes after the long, cold winter.  This winter has been especially cold and snowy but the students have remained in relatively good spirits.  I wore a bright yellow shirt today to try and encourage spring to arrive just a little bit sooner but if the temperature is any indication I do not think I succeeded.  I saw a recent post that made me smile; it said, “Dear Winter.  I am breaking up with you.  I think it is time I start seeing other seasons.” As I long for spring it brings to mind a few things.  First, I realize that we have Ash Wednesday this week which brings about the season of Lent.   It frames that time right before Easter where we celebrate the hope of the resurrection.  Secondly, I think of Springfest.  It is a wonderful community event that deserves our support, our attention and our volunteerism.  This is one event that we go out and meet the community where they are and share just a little bit of who we are.  I urge you to consider contacting some of the organizers and seeing how you can help make this a quality event in our community.   Finally, I am reminded that all things come in the Lord’s time not ours.  We may be taken by surprise that something has come to fruition or even ended much quicker than expected or we may feel like we are constantly waiting, like this long expectant spring season.  We can stand on the promises of God that he will bring in new life, restore and heal all aspects of creation in His time.  Waiting and longing for these things is not always easy but it’s worth it in the end.  ~Mr. Bouwers

No comments:

Post a Comment