Tuesday 27 May 2014

May 12, 2014 Rocks in the Shoe

The other day I had a rock in my shoe. I noticed it and promptly took off my shoe and dumped it out. Then a few days later I had a smaller rock in my shoe. You know what happens when you leave a rock in your shoe. This time I left it in there and I wasn’t long before my foot was sore. If I would’ve left the rock there, I would have ended up with a blister which could pop and then could have developed an infection and if left untreated could lead to serious complications. You see, little rocks in our shoe, if left unattended, could cause much pain later on. Sometimes there are things in our lives that are like little rocks. If we don’t pay attention to them or if we don’t root them out, they may cause more pain later. You could liken it to a foothold. If you allow a foothold, there is a place for an attack to be launched. In our lives, in looking at our character, we need to make sure that we don’t allow little rocks to stay or footholds to form. We do this at school with our students and we do this at home with our children.  We want to make sure we address some small things when they first arrive so they don’t become bigger issues. We must work together as a community for the health of our children. We raise them together and seek to help each other empty our shoes of rocks and scour the landscape for footholds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment