Tuesday 11 November 2014

November 3, 2014 In Joy and Sorrow - Blessed be the name of the Lord

I find myself, with recent world news as well as tragic news from our surrounding communities, in a posture of prayer.  I feel the need to bring to our Father in heaven every request and petition and also to groan at the brokenness of our world and long for things to be put to rights.  I try not to speak definitively in these crisis situations because if I use platitudes they may seem trite and taking a reductionist view can be unthoughtful and harmful at the same time.  In the same sense, we journey together as a community through the highs and lows of living in this world and walking in faith together.  What I do know is that God is good, all the time.  One of my favourite choruses we sing in church is “Blessed be the name of the Lord.” The words of the song are a testimony to continuing with the refrain “Blessed be the name of the Lord” in each and every circumstance, the good and the bad.  When the darkness closes in, still I will say, blessed be the name of the Lord. We are a safe place where we can journey with our families and students through each and every circumstance.  Our teachers and staff are caring adults who comfort our students.  In the tragedy that befalls our country, our neighbours and our world, may we keep on our lips two refrains: Blessed be the Name of the Lord and Come quickly Lord Jesus, Come.  ~ Mr. Bouwers

No comments:

Post a Comment