Tuesday 13 October 2015

Thanksgiving and God's Creation Oct. 13, 2015



The stillness of the lake in the morning provided a mirror for the exploding colour.  It seems that the reflection in the water stirs a spirit of reflection in me.  The deep black water, slightly rippled by a gentle breeze, extended an invitation.  I gently launched the canoe into the cold water and rummaged around the storage compartment for the paddles.  Before I could turn to see if there was a willing companion to join me my son came bounding toward the rocky shore asking if he could join me.  The canoe cut through the water as we quietly dipped the paddles below the surface and took in the wonder of God’s creation.  We navigated our way along the dense shoreline noting the evidence of His handiwork.  As we crossed the narrows towards the outcropping of large rocks we could not help but speak out loud about the beauty that surrounded us.  On Thanksgiving weekend I was thankful for this time to encounter the exquisite craftsmanship of the Creator, God’s goodness and blessings, and marvel at the redeeming work of our Lord.  As we steered the vessel back towards the shore my daughter greeted us with a smile and said in an excited voice, “Dad, you and Lucas were being Creation Enjoyers!” And it was at this point that I also gave thanks for the way our school weaves God’s threads into our curriculum.  I became instantly grateful for Providence Christian School, the staff, and the community. ~Mr. Bouwers
 
“The whole earth is filled with awe at your wonders; where morning dawns, where evening fades, you call forth songs of joy.” Ps. 65:8



No comments:

Post a Comment