Monday 19 December 2011

Even More - December 19th, 2011

Writing out Christmas cards is not my favourite thing to do. It is not that I am some grumpy curmudgeon who does not want to put the time and effort into spreading the joy of Christmas. It is due to the fact that I don’t always know what to write; I want to send a Christmas blessing and bring to light the Good News and do all of that in a line or two. As I was contemplating what to write out I was captivated by the phrase
“Even More”. It could strike you as odd that in a season that is often dominated by extravagance that I would want to bless you with even more. That being said, as you celebrate Christmas and enter the new year may you be blessed with “Even More”. May you be struck, even more, by the humanity of Christ to
deepen your personal connection to Him. May you be overwhelmed, even more, by His Divinity to intensify your admiration and awe of your Maker. May you realize, even more, His engulfing Love. May you be transformed, even more, by the Holy Spirit to reflect the image of Christ Jesus. May we be committed,
even more, to raising and educating our children in the fear of the Lord. May we be convicted, even more,
to know and show the love of Jesus to a broken and lost world. In all these things God is faithful and keeps His promises; it is my prayer that we may be even more faithful in our response of gratitude to His lavish love for us all. As we have been blessed let us also then be a blessing, even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment