Thursday 1 December 2011

A Teacher's Passion - September 19, 2011

We are settling into the routine of school and things are off to a good start.  Going into the classrooms here at DCCS has provoked thoughts of the many teachers whom I have had and seen in my years of education.  We can all remember the teachers who had a positive impact on us or whom we thought were good teachers.  I am sure that if we got together and compared their characteristics that we would definitely find some common themes.  One of those would surely be the fact that those teachers cared about and for their students.  I know it sounds obvious but we can also remember the teachers who may have been somewhat lacking in this area.  Well, I can tell you that as I have made my way through the halls and into the classrooms that your children are cared for here at DCCS.  It is the one characteristic that I have seen displayed over and over again from one classroom to the next.  The teachers at Calvin really do care and are passionate about the children in their charge.  God’s love is evident in them and made real by their words, their actions and their attitude.  Praise God for wonderful teachers!   ~ Mr. Bouwers

1 comment:

  1. DCCS DOES have teachers who truly care about their students and see each child as a unique image-bearer. We are blessed as a school community to have such wonderful educators!

    ReplyDelete