Monday 8 June 2015

Agents of Hope and Healing March 30, 2015

I received a Cardus publication on my desk just the other day.  Cardus is a Hamilton based think tank that is dedicated to the renewal of North American social architecture. (You can read more about them here: www.cardus.ca).  One of the articles by James K. A. Smith took different snapshots of his 2015 experiences to give a “curated view of the world.”  Throughout these different portraits he highlights brokenness and hope, seeking indications of shalom in the midst of the cries for justice.  This is something I can appreciate and it resonates with me.  Our mission speaks directly to preparing our students for a life of Christian service.  Whenever I hear that phrase, that specific part of the PCS mission I can’t help but allow myself to dream.  I dream about our students bringing about wholeness and well-being in so many different situations. I cannot help but dream that our graduates would be a part of a land slide of justice that brings healing to our land. We want our students to thrive in many ways.  We want them to demonstrate proficiency with necessary understandings and skills, for their work to be meaningful and of high quality, and develop Christ-like character.   Coupled with these elements is a Christian perspective that is interwoven with the curriculum. We aspire to infuse our students’ learning with a Christ-centered approach. This is our story. ~ Mr. Bouwers

No comments:

Post a Comment