Monday 8 June 2015

Busy Calendar April 27, 2015

I heard a phrase the other day, the calendar is getting busy.  It may have given me pause to slowly turn my head and peer at our calendar on the wall.  As long as I looked at it, it didn’t move.  It stayed in one spot. Not a shimmy or even a little shake.  It was far from busy.  All joking aside, I know the sentiment behind the statement.  One thing I did notice about the calendar was that it was full.  The calendars may not be busy but we are a busy people. I am sure we are not the only family that is busy with numerous commitments.  I acknowledge that the school calendar has gotten busier this year with a few extra evening or weekend activities.   I take it as a sign of an active learning community and an engaged membership.  As busy as it can get at times, I am thankful for this blessed busyness. We continue with these activities this Wednesday as we have a Spring Arts Festival.  This will be an opportunity for our band, choir and specialty music offerings to have an authentic audience for all of their hard work.  Come on out to this celebration on Wednesday.  Not only will you be treated to the musical offerings of our students but much of their work will be displayed in a “gallery” along the outer walls of the gymnasium.


     The frenetic pace is sometimes interrupted with jarring moments that also ground you.   There were two such events in my life recently.  The devastation in Nepal from the earthquake that took thousands of lives and has left even more than that temporarily displaced.  Our hearts go out to those affected by this tragedy and they remain in our prayers.  I also received word that a former student of mine was in a car crash that left him in critical condition.   It, once again, brought me to that place of prayer and petition.  In the busyness of community we both celebrate and come together as a body of Christ to lift others up in prayer.  May this week be filled with moments that bring us to our knees in prayer bringing us closer as a community and closer to our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
~ Mr. Bouwers

No comments:

Post a Comment