Monday 8 June 2015

My Soapbox February 9, 2015



I heard a comment recently that what I pen each week, these principal’s ponderings, are mini sermons.  It was said in jest and, I am pretty sure, it was not necessarily a compliment.  That being said, this is the one section that I get to talk each week about something I am passionate about and that is Providence Christian School.  I get to, unapologetically, get up on my soapbox and sing the praises and my support of Christian education.  And, it is something I do, over and over again.  I love this school and the community.  It has had a positive impact on my children and we are so very thankful for the blessing of Christian education.   I do unabashedly support PCS and its mission and vision but it is just words, words, and more words if it is not backed up in the classroom.  We have been talking about letting our lights shine this year as a school theme and I would like to highlight that our staff do that each and every day in their classrooms and at the reception desk.  They may be called sermons but I believe, as the basis of integrating our faith and education, that weaving God’s threads of His story is what we are called to do not only at PCS but in our daily lives.  Join me in sharing the story of our journey with others and may they come to see all these good things and praise our father in heaven.   ~ Mr. Bouwers

No comments:

Post a Comment