Monday 8 June 2015

Flourishing January 26, 2015

As I settle into this familiar chair once again this morning I am in a bit more of a reflective mood.  The snow is gently falling outside and the school week is about to begin.  Students and parents are well into their morning routines and the busses are on the road by now.  As you know, my own children go to PCS.  I find myself asking, as we all should from time to time, what do I want for my children?  The past week I took time to visit a school that did education a little bit differently.  I was struck by the level of engagement by each student and their ability to speak so positively and in depth about what they were learning and the process they go through.  So, what is it I want for my kids?  I want the same thing for them as I want for the other children in the school.  I want to see flourishing students.  I pray for a flourishing school that is infused with biblical perspective and has a high level of student engagement. Wouldn’t it be wonderful to have students from our school spill out into the community with their learning to be a blessing. In turn I am sure that they would also be blessed.  Flourishing students live lives in Christian service while learning about God, His creation and His created order.   
~ Mr. Bouwers

No comments:

Post a Comment